Essay Science and Technology
1128 Words5 Pages
Science and Technology
` The Internet, which is becoming a sort of technological utopia for some, is becoming a technological nightmare for others. The relationship between science and technology has always been pretty equal, linked through their shared goal of helping to improve society. But now, in the 21st century, it seems like technology is outgrowing its niche. The question that todays society needs to ask itself is this: Exactly how far is too far? For some this is a hard question, and for others, especially those in the medical field, it is an easy question to answer. Then of course there are the people who, like myself, are stuck in the middle and not sure which side is right. With all the positive scientific and…show more content…
Right now the choice is just science fiction, but just barely so. Scientists say the time is coming when parents will indeed be able to pick their childrens genetic make-up. (www.pop.sci.com.) The question presented now is if this is morally right and okay. This process can and will challenge our fundamental thinking about who we are and what it means to be human. Do we, as human beings, have the right to take the creation of life into our own hands and attempt to play God? Should we really be allowed to remake human biology? Personally, I believe in the saying that life is a gamble, you gotta take what you get and deal with it. However, Im not saying that scientific technology is entirely a bad thing. Scientists already know that inheriting good genes can give some people a powerful edge. They know a few of the combinations of genes that can help people resist some of the life-threatening diseases out there, so one goal of human engineering could be to help those who are genetically less fortunate by sharing these built-in health advantages. Another advantage of scientific technology is the new mechanical heart. For some patients with failing hearts, doctors will soon be able to utilize an amazing device: the first totally implantable artificial heart that has no wires or tubes outside the body. For thousands of Americans suffering from diseased hearts, and for the doctors who treat them, this has been one of the most compelling yet unattainable goals for more than
Science and Technology is the basis of modern civilization. The age in which we live can rightly be called the age of science and technology.
The progress of science and technology has made many useful achievements in every field of our life.
In everyday life, we enjoy various gifts of science and technology that have made our life more easy and comfortable than before.
- The morning newspaper which brings to us all important news of the whole world is a product of science.
- For our daily comforts science has given us the electric light, the electric fan, the refrigerator and the electric oven.
- Science and technology has made our means of communication and transport very easy. Buses, trains, ships and Aero-planes uses advanced technologies and carry us to distant places for more quickly.
- Newer technologies help us in taking out all the minerals liker coal, iron, gold, diamond and mica from the science.
- Introduction of latest technology in the works of cultivation by the scientific methods have greatly increased the production of crops.
- Science and technology also provides us with the some means of amusement like radio, television and video that entertains us.
- Many life giving medicines that cure our diseases are also the gift of science.
- Now satellites are sent to the sky to bring many information of the outer space.
- Man has even been able to set foot on the moon and know many things about other planets.
All the above wonders have been possible only due to development of science and technology.
But science and technology has also been abused by many people. The gross use of science and technology for destructive purposes has twined it to a curse. Deadly scientific weapons like atom and hydrogen bombs, missiles can destroy the whole world in a moment.
Atomic energy can be used effectively for constructive purposes. It can turn a desert into a fertile land. It can also be used in curing some incurable diseases, if scientific research is properly made in this respect.
Thus, science and technology can make the human civilization perfect in all respect.
Category: Essays, Paragraphs and ArticlesTagged With: Science and Technology